S N Prasad has taken over as Director (Marketing) Coal India Ltd succeeding B K Saxena, who laid down office on attaining superannuation.
Coal India in a statement today said that prior to his elevation as director (marketing), Prasad was general manager (Sales & Marketing) in South Eastern Coalfields Limited, the Bilaspur based subsidiary of CIL.
Prasad (56) was an officer of sales and marketing discipline all through his career.
He joined CIL in 1982 as a management trainee and HAS worked in coal mines as well as corporate offices of the coal companies, the statement added. PTI
More from coalpost.in
- February 4, 2016 Coal India plans of acquiring coal mines in South Africa
- August 24, 2015 Coal India to invest Rs 5,900 crore in 3 projects of 40 mn tonnes capacity
- March 6, 2016 Trade unions in Coal India to go on nationwide strike on March 29
- January 29, 2016 Goyal asks CIL to liquidate unsold coal
- May 3, 2016 Government Grants Bridge Linkages to 19 Thermal Power Plants
- November 17, 2015 WCL plans investment of Rs 6,280 crore by FY2020
- May 15, 2016 West Bengal Power Development Corporation eyes using captive coal from Oct-Nov
- March 16, 2016 CIL to use technology to check $1 billion in theft
- October 26, 2015 New coal mines will create jobs in thousands: Piyush Goyal
- February 11, 2016 Coal India likely to use drones for aerial surveys of exploration