Sagardighi Thermal Power project is a thermal power plant located at Manigram Village, 13 km north of Sagardighi Town in the Indian state of West Bengal. The power plant is operated by the West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited. It has 2 units with a total installed capacity of 600 MW(2×300 MW). All of the units are coal-based. Additional 1500 MW is proposed.
Project Details of Additional Units
Sponsor: West Bengal Power Development Corporation
Location: Manigram village, Sagardighi, Murshidabad district, West Bengal
Coordinates: 24.3688141, 88.1040001
Status: Phase II, Construction of units 3 & 4, Phase III, unit 5: Pre-permit development, Phase III, unit 6: Announced
Capacity: Phase II, units 3 & 4: (2 x 500 MW), Phase II, units 5 & 6: (2 x 500 MW)
Projected in service:
Coal Source: North Pachuwara ( Jharkhand) and East of Damagaria Coal Mines
Source of financing: Power Finance Corporation
Permits and applications: Phase II, units 3 & 4: Environmental Clearance, India MoEF, May 18, 2011, Phase III, unit 5: Terms of reference, India MoEF, Jan 15, 2015
- Future Projects,” West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited website, accessed August 2014
- Terms of reference, India MoEF, Jan 15, 2015
- Broad Status Report, India Central Electrical Authority, February 2015
- WBPDC, “About Us: Plant”, West Bengal Power Development Corporation website, accessed February 2012.
- “Sagardighi Super Coal Power Station India,” Global Energy Observatory, accessed March 2012