Haldia Energy Power Project is a proposed 600 (MW) coal-fired power plant promoted by CESC Infrastructure Ltd., newly formed company of RP- Sanjiv Goenka Group, at Haldia district in West Bengal, India.
Though it was in media that HEL will be floated for IPO but don’t find initiative in this regard till now.
In July 2011, CESC Vice Chairman said that the construction of the project would start in September 2011 and would be commissioned by the end of 2013-14. According to the compliance report for the period April 2011 – September 2011, the project had achieved financial closure as well as coal linkage from MCL
In February 2014 the company said the power unit would be commissioned by December 2014. And in November 2014, First unit of the Haldia power plant inaurated by Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee and on that occasion RP-SG group Chairman Sanjiv Goenka indicated that CESC would go for one more 300 MW unit at Haldia site.
Sponsor: Haldia Energy, a subsidiary of CESC Ltd.
Location: Baneshwar village, Haldia district, West Bengal
Coordinates: 22.060459, 88.109748
Status: Phase I: Operating; Phase II: Announced
Capacity: Phase I: 2 X 300 MW; Phase II: 300 MW
In service: 2 X 300 MW unit has been commissioned in November 2014
Permits and applications: Phase I: Environmental Clearance, India MoEF, October 1, 2008
- CESC plans another power unit in Haldia, The Times of India, November 22, 2014
- web site, for environment clearances and other information
- Haldia power plant to be commissioned by this December,” Hindustan Times (Kolkata), Feb 9, 2014.
- Broad Status Report, India Central Electrical Authority, February 2015
- CESC Limited Annual Report 2013-2014
- Sanjiv Goenka planning IPO for Haldia Energy, DNA, May 9, 2012
- CESC to commission its 600 MW Haldia plant in December, Business Standard, November 14, 2014.
- CESC may award Haldia plant deal to Shanghai Electric Corp, Punj Lloyd, The Hindu Businessline, Feb 2011.