The Welspun Energy Mirzapur power project is a 1320 MW coal-fired power station proposed by Welspun Energy at Mirzapur district in Uttar Pradesh, India.
It received terms of reference (ToR) toward an environmental permit for the proposed 1,320 MW coal-fired power station in 2011. The company completed an environmental impact assessment in 2011, and a public hearing was held in 2012.
The project received environmental clearance in August. Though this project attracted lots of opposition from land owner and villagers and at the same time it had some issues with wild life and forest land.
There was a protest meeting organised at New Delhi in 2013.
Sponsor: Welspun Energy
Location: Dadri Khurd village, Mirzapur Sadar district, Uttar Pradesh, India
Coordinates: 25.136582, 82.562199 (approx)
Capacity: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Terms of Reference, India MoEF, June 15, 2011
- Environmental Impact Assessment, JM EnviroNet, 2011
- Public Hearing Document, April 7, 2012
- Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Aug 21, 2014
- Did Welspun fudge facts for its coal-fired power plant in Mirzapur? Down to Earth, November 20, 2013
- Peaceful Demonstration against Welspun Thermal Power Project in Delhi, Vindya Bacaho, 2013