Murka power project is a proposed 600 MW coal-fired power plant promoted by Infinite Computer Solution and Eldeco Housing & Industries Ltd. jointly at Chitrakoot district in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Creative Thermolite Power Pvt Ltd has been formed as a SPV by Infinite Computer Solution and Eldeco Housing & Industries Ltd. to generate 600 MW from coal fired station.
The Hindu reported on November 4, 2014 that,
The projects that were cancelled are: the 250 MW power plants proposed to be set up by Parekh in Barabanki, 600 MW plant to be set up by Creative Thermolite in Murka, 250 MW by Unitech in Auraiyya and 660MW power plant by Torrent in Sandila.
These projects were proposed to be set up during previous Mayawati government regime in 2008 under the Memorandum of Understanding route but could not be executed for lack of coal linkage.
The present Samajwadi Party government had given 18 months extension to these projects in June 2012 and again in Dec 2013.
- Sponsor: Creative Thermolite Power
- Location: Murka village, Mau, Chitrakoot district, Uttar Pradesh
- Coordinates: 25.1996699, 81.5021825 (approx)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity:Unit 1: 300 MW,Unit 2: 300 MW
- Permits and applications: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Dec 28, 2011
- U.P. power panel quashes setting up thermal plants, The Hindu, Nov 4, 2014