Gonda power project is a proposed 500 (MW) coal-fired power project promoted by NMDC Power and IL&FS Energy Development Company jointly at Gonda district in Uttar Pradesh, India.
InJanuary, 2014, it was in media that NMDC had decided to shift the location of the project from Turkadih-Siswa in view of the objections raised by a committee under the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), who said the area is fertile agriculture land. According to official sources, consultant for the power project Mecon had come up with three alternative sites that were being considered. That’s why this project is on hold.
- Company: NMDC Power, IL&FS Energy Development Company
- Location: Turkadih village, Mankapur taluk, Gonda district, Uttar Pradesh
- Coordinates: 27.03, 82.23 (approx)
- Status: Shelved
- Capacity: Unit 1: 250 MW, Unit 2: 250 MW
- Permits and applications: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Jan 17, 2014
- NMDC to shift its proposed power plant location from UP,” The Economic Times, Jan 7, 2014.
- NMDC puts Uttar Pradesh’s Gonda power plant project on back burner,” Economic Times, Oct 6, 2014