Churk captive power project is a proposed 240 (MW) coal-fired power project promoted by Jaypee Group at Sonebhadra district in Uttar Pradesh, India. The power plant would be captive to cement grinding, though this project had been rejected due to proximity to wild life sanctuary later MoEF granted this on the condition to get it cleared from National board of wild life .
- Promoter: Jaiprakash Associates
- Parent company: Jaypee Group
- Location: Churk village, Robertganj taluk, Sonebhadra district, Uttar Pradesh
- Coordinates: 24.637083, 83.583333
- Status: Construction
- Capacity: Unit 1: 60 MW, Unit 2: 60 MW, Unit 3: 60 MW, Unit 4: 60 MW
- Coal Source: Imported
- Permits and applications: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Dec 18, 2012
- Jaypee’s power plant project in Sonbhadra hits green hurdle, Indian Express, Aug 18 2012.