Bhognipur power project is a proposed 1320 (MW) coal-fired power project promoted by Lanco at Ramabai nagar district in Uttar Pradesh, India. The MOU for the project was extended for 18 months in December 2013. Lanco Group had also signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with China Development Bank to raise loans for the project.
- Company: Lanco Group
- Location: Chaperghata, Rasulpur Bhuranda, Kripalpur and Bhartauli villages, Bhognipur taluk, Ramabai Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh
- Coordinates: 26.194167, 79.9075
- Status: Permitted
- Capacity: Unit 1: 660 MW, Unit 2: 660 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Permits and applications: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, August 3, 2012
- Lanco Infra puts two mega power projects on the back burner, Indian Express, Sep 15, 2013.
- U.P. power panel quashes setting up thermal plants, The Hindu, Nov 4, 2014