Kakatiya Power project is an existing 500 MW coal plant promoted by Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation at Warrangal district in Telangana , India. Kakatiya Thermal Power Project Stage-II is a 600 MW coal plant under construction adjacent to the existing plant. It would be ready by August 2015 as per the news published in ” The Hindu“.
Kakatiya Power Station is a subcritical 500 MW power plant commissioned in 2010. Kakatiya Thermal Power Project Stage-II is a 600 megawatt (MW) coal plant under construction by Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation (APGENCO) in Andhra Pradesh. Phase I of the plant is a 500 MW coal plant which was commissioned in 2010.
Project Details Stage II
Sponsor: Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation (APGENCO)
Location: Chelpur village, Ghanpur mandal, Warrangal district, Telangana, India
Coordinates: 18.3831934, 79.8271644
Capacity: 600 MW
Projected in service: 2015
Coal Source: Tadicherla Mines of Singareni
Permits and applications: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, Feb 5, 2009
- “Kakatiya Thermal Power Project,” Projects Info, 2008
- APGENCO status report, 2012
- AP’s power sector to see substantial capacity addition in 2014-16, CMIE, June 11, 2014.
- Kakatiya Thermal Power Project, Projects Info, August 04-10, 2008
- 600 MW Kakatiya thermal plant to be ready by August , The Hindu, May 31, 2005