Darlipali Super Thermal Power plant is proposed UMPP of 4800 MW proposed by NTPC at Darlipali village in Sundargarh district, Odisha, India.
In 2012 the Odisha government is supposed to set up a special land acquisition cell to speed up takeover of private land for a 4,800 MW super thermal power plant proposed by National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) at Darlipalli at Sundergarh district in Odisha. The 4,800 MW power plant would be commissioned in three phases of 1,600 MW (2×800) each. Villagers were reluctant to get the land acquired at low rate.
Location: Darlipali village, Lephripara, Sundergarh district, Odisha
Coordinates: 20.65616, 85.604263
Capacity: 1600 MW
Coal Source: Dulanga and Pakri Barwadih Coal Blocks
Permits and applications: Environmental Clearance, India MoEF, Feb 17, 2014
- BGR bas Rs.3,600 cr NTPC contract,” The Hindu, September 17, 2011
- “NTPC to invest Rs24000 crore in two new projecs in Odisha,” DNA, March 3, 2012
- Environmental Clearance, India MoEF, Feb 17, 2014
- Emerson to automate 1600MW super thermal power plant in Odisha, India, June 12, 2015
- NTPC’s Darlipali thermal plant to start in two years, Feb 20, 2016