Angul Smelter power project is a 1200 MW coal-fired power station in Odisha, India. An additional 500 MW has been proposed. NALCO proposes to add two additional units (11 and 12) to the Angul Smelter power plant capacity of 250 MW each to cater the additional power requirements of the Smelter Plant.
Sponsor: National Aluminum Company
Location: Banarpal village, Banarpal, Angul district, Odisha
Coordinates: 20.849026413289, 85.19021988
- Unit 11: Pre-permit development
- Unit 12: Pre-permit development
- Unit 11: 250 MW
- Unit 12: 250 MW
Permits: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Nov 1, 2012
- Nalco to commission second 120 MW unit in Angul soon, Hindu Business Line, August 8, 2010
- Highlights of 2010-2011, 2012
- Appointment of Agency for carrying out Power System Study and Preparation of Report for NALCO’s CPP at Angul, Odisha, NALCO tender, Nov. 8, 2011.