The coal plant is proposed by Moser Baer and would comprise three 660 MW coal-fired units.
In August 2013 it was reported that 3,800 MW of Moser Baer Power & Infrastructure’s proposed power projects were being held up due to absence of coal linkage, which was also making it difficult for the company to raise funds.
- Sponsor: Moser Baer
- Parent company:
- Location: Ichagarh taluk, Saraikela- Kharswan district, Jharkhand
- Coordinates: 23.0186713, 85.9437597 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Unit 1: 660 MW
- Unit 2: 660 MW
- Unit 3: 660 MW
- Permits: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Sep 20, 2012
Articles and resources
- Terms of Reference, India MoEF, Sep 20, 2012
- “Moser Baer Power’s 3,800-MW projects stuck for want of coal,” The Hindu, Aug 4, 2013