Layja Mota power project is a proposed 4000 (MW) coal-fired power project in Gujarat, India.
- IEDCL is developing 6,000MW capacity comprising of 4,000MW Coal & 2000MW Gas (Liquefied natural gas is natural gas that has been converted to liquid form for ease and safety of non-pressurized storage or transport. It takes up about 1/600th the volume of natural gas in the gaseous state.... More) at Nana Layja, District Kutch in Gujarat. The 4000MW coal based Power Project is being structured along with a 60 MLD Desalination Plant. The 2000MW gas based Combined Cycle Power Project is adjacent to 4000 MW coal based Thermal Power project site and is being structured along with a Liquefied natural gas is natural gas that has been converted to liquid form for ease and safety of non-pressurized storage or transport. It takes up about 1/600th the volume of natural gas in the gaseous state.... More Terminal of 5 MTPA. The Project development activities are underway.
As reported in Hindustan Times on June 15, 2015 that China’s largest power producer Huaneng Power is in talks to become an equity partner in IL&FS’s 4,000MW power project being built in Gujarat. The move affirms a global trend that has seen China become a leading exporter of thermal and gas power equipment due to its shift to shale gas for power.
IL&FS has signed an agreement with Huaneng for developing the Rs 24,000-crore coal-fired coastal power project at Nana Layja in Kutch. “The Chinese company is currently doing a due diligence ahead of finalising its plan,” Sankaran said.
The power project is being developed under IL&FS Energy Development Corporation, which is the energy arm of IL&FS. It has built capacity of around 900 MW in the green energy sector. “On the basis of commissioned capacities, a little over 50% is in renewable sector,”
Sponsor: Nanalyja Power
Parent company: Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd
Location: Layja Mota village, Mandvi, Kutch district, Gujarat
Coordinates: 22.86, 69.39 (approx)
Status: Pre-permit development
Gross Capacity: 4000 MW (5 x 800 MW)
Start date: 2017
Coal Source: 70% local, 30% imported
Permits and applications:
- “Terms of Reference,” India MoEF, Dec 28, 2011
- Terms of Reference Extension, 21st January, 2014.
- “EIA,” SPPL,ALPL, NLPCL and GIMCO, Dec 2014
- IL&FS plans 4,000 MW power plant in Gujarat,” Economic Times, December 2012
- Terms of Reference (TOR) Government of India Ministry of Environment & Forests, December 2011.
- “IL&FS plans 4,000 MW power plant in Gujarat” The Economic Times, December 5, 2012.
- Project, Web site describing the project detail
- IL&FS to set up India’s biggest private power plant in Gujarat, Infra window, October 26, 2012
- Chinese power majormay invest big in IL&FS plant in Kutch, Hindustan Times, June 16, 2015