Salora power project is proposed 1890 MW coal fired power plant promoted by Vandana Vidhyut at Korba district in Chhattisgarh, India
Unit 1 (135 MW) was commissioned on 10 April 2014.
Unit 2 (135 MW) is under construction and planned for March 2015.
Unit 3 (270 MW) is scheduled for September 2017.
Unit 4 (660 MW) is scheduled for September 2020.
Unit 5 (660 MW), which was previously included in future plans, is no longer mentioned on the company website.
Status of phase I (540 MW)
As of August 2014, the company lists the following milestones for the first 540 MW of power:
- Land for 540 MW already acquired.
- Implementation agreement signed with the Chhattisgarh Government already entered.
- Environment Clearance obtained .
- Water allotted 18 McM water from Hasdeo River.
- The company has secured supply of coal by Captive Coal Mine in JV ( Fatehpur East Coal Pvt. Ltd).
- Coal linkage with SECL
- Long Term open access for IPP already obtained from Power Grid Corporation Limited .
- PPA is signed with CSPTCO.
- Power Trading Category III license has been obtained.
- Sponsor: Vandana Vidhyut
- Parent company:
- Location: Salora, Chhuri, and Dhanras villages, Katghora taluk, Korba district, Chhattisgarh
- Coordinates: 22.4899525, 82.6062387
- Unit 1: Operating (2014)
- Unit 2: Construction
- Unit 3: Permitted
- Unit 4: Announced
- Unit 5: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 1: 135 MW
- Unit 2: 135 MW
- Unit 3: 270 MW
- Unit 4: 660 MW
- Unit 5: 660 MW
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Unit 1: Operating 2014
- Unit 2: 2015
- Unit 3: 2017
- Unit 4: 2020
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source: Fatehpur East Coal Block ( Cancelled as per the ruling of supreme court)
- MoEF permits (Units 1-3 only): Environmental clearance J-13011/632008-IA.II(T), March 9, 2009