Bhilai Steel power Project is proposed 1000 MW coal fired power project by NTPC-SAIL Power Company at Bhilai in Chhattisgarh.
The company received a Terms of Reference in 2011 for a 4 X 250 MW coal-fired expansion. However, the project appears to have been abandoned since there is no mention of it on the company website, and after four years the company has not applied for an environmental clearance.
- Sponsor: NTPC-SAIL Power Company
- Parent company:
- Location: Bhilai village, Raipur district, Chhattisgarh
- Coordinates: 21.184, 81.4237 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 6: 250 MW
- Unit 7: 250 MW
- Unit 8: 250 MW
- Unit 9: 250 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Permits and applications: Terms of Reference, Apr 27, 2011
- “Bhilai 2X250 MW Expansion Power Project,” NTPC-SAIL Power Company website, accessed Jan 2014.
- “CBI raids Bhilai power plant officials, pvt firm,” Times of India, Jan 5, 2014.