Avantha Bhandar power Project (known as Korba West Power Company Ltd.) is a proposed 1200 MW coal fired plant promoted by Avantha Power and Infrastructure Ltd. which is acquired by Adani Power, at Raigarh district in Chhattisgarh, India
According to the company’s website, synchronization of the plant occurred in October, 2013. The India Central Electricity Authority lists the plant as commissioned on 31 March 2014.
The May 20, 2010 letter from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry grants permission to a 600 MW project and a phase II of an additional 600 MW was considered for environmental clearance in 2013.
Adani power acquired this project although the second unit of 600 MW is under construction.
Sponsor: Avantha Power and Infrastructure (Acquired by Adani Power)
Location: Bade Bhandar, Chote Bhandar, Sarvai, and Amali Bhona villages in Raigarh Tehsil, Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 21.7437751, 83.2740927
Status:Unit 1: Operating, Unit 2: Construction
Capacity: 1200 MW (Units 1&2: 600 MW)
Projected in service: Unit 1: 2014, Unit 2:
- “Korba West Power Company Ltd: Recent Activities,” Avantha Power & Infrastructure website, accessed November 2013
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, June 2014
- Letter to Korba West Power Company Ltd., Subject: 1×600 MW Coal Based Thermal Power Plant at villages Bade Bhandar, Chote Bhandar, Sarvani & Amali Bhona, in Tehsil & Distt. Raigarh, in Chhattisgarh – Reg. Environmental Clearance, Ministry of Environment & Forests, May 20, 2010.
- “Agenda for 52nd meeting of EAC,” India MoEF, Apr 22, 2013
- “Korba West Power Company Ltd: Overview,” Avantha Power website, accessed March 2015
- “Avantha synchronizes 1st 600 MW unit in Raigarh, Chhattisgarh,” Net Indian, Oct 9, 2013
- Adani Power buys Avantha’s 600 MW plant for Rs 4,200 crore, Business standard, Nov 24 3014