Nabinagar Thermal Power Project

Nabinagar Thermal Power Project was originally planned to comprise four 250MW generating units. The project is located near the village of Dhundwa near Nabinagar. The power station would primarily be used to supply power to the Eastern and Western districts of Railways operations in the states of Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhatisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.

In 2011 the power station was described as at an advanced stage of construction by Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company, a joint venture company formed by the Ministry of Railways and the National Thermal Power Corporation.

Flipkart IN

A 2014 NTPCNational Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and a "Government Company" within the meaning of the act. The headquarters of the company is situated at New Delhi. NTPC's core business is generation and sale of... investor presentation said units 1-3 of the project would be completed FY2015-2017. The third unit is listed as 500 MW.

The joint venture project will be developed by Bhartiya Rail Bijli Company, with NTPCNational Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and a "Government Company" within the meaning of the act. The headquarters of the company is situated at New Delhi. NTPC's core business is generation and sale of... having 74% equity in the project and the Ministry of Railways the remaining 26%.

The joint venture company was first proposed with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding back in February 2002. However, it was not until in February 2007 the the company was finally approved by the national government’s the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.

Equipment burnt

In November 2010 it was reported that, according to the Superintendent of Police, four dumpers, three cranes and other machinery at the project site had been burnt. It was also reported that several workers on the site held captive and assaulted by the armed attackers. The media report attributed the attack on the plant works to “Maoists” and “naxalites.”

Project Details

Sponsor: Bhartiya Rail Bijli Company
Location: Dhundwa village, Nabinagar taluk, Aurangabad district, Bihar
Coordinates: 24.8285458, 84.270227 (approximate)
Status: Construction
Capacity: 1000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 250 MW, Unit 3: 500 MW)
Projected in service: Unit 1: 2015, Unit 2: 2016, Unit 3: 2017
Coal Source: 5 Million Tonnes per year from North Karanpura of Central Coalfields Mine

Resources

Leave a Reply