Kakwara Ultra Mega Power Project

Kakwara Ultra Mega Power Project is a proposed UMPP of 4000 MW promoted by Power Finance Corporation of India PFCI at Banka district in Bihar, India

In January 2014 the India Ministry of Power cleared the proposal for a 4,000 MW ultra mega-power project (UMPP) in Banka, expected to be commissioned by 2019-2020. The state would get 2,000 MW. A team from the Ministry and the Power Finance Corporation, along with state government officials, visited two sites to assess the project’s feasibility, and chose the village of Kakwara. It would be constructed by the Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited. In August 2014 it was reported that the state government would begin work on the project.

The Telegraph reported that,

A team from CEA and Power Finance Corporation (PFC), along with state government officials, visited two sites to assess the project’s feasibility.

The team went to Kakwara in Banka and Rajauli in Nawada. The Kakwara site, about 260km from Patna, prima facie, appeared to be suitable for setting up the project, sources said, adding that there are no environmental issues related to it.

The project would require 2,500 acres of land and 120 cusecs of water.

Sources said the site at Kakwara in Banka fulfils all parameters such as easy availability of land, water and coal linkage. They said coal for the project could be transported easily by rail from neighbouring Jharkhand.

Project Details

Sponsor: Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited
Location: Kakwara village, Banka district, Bihar, India
Coordinates: 24.833324, 86.8748188 (approx)
Status: Announced
Gross Capacity: 4,000 MW
Projected in service: 2019-2020

Resources

8 thoughts on “Kakwara Ultra Mega Power Project

• June 8, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Dear Sir,

My Name is Sandeep Kumar Mishra and now I am in delhi .
    Now I am in CA. Final and I want to accountant job in your company.
    My native village is “Kakwara” Banka Bihar.

• August 8, 2016 at 3:48 pm

SIR, When will the constrution of power plant will start. and when will be land hiring and payment work will start.

• November 25, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Dear Sir,
    My Name is Manish kumar Bharti and now I am Student of B.tech final year in Mechanical Engg. from Adwaita Mission institute of Technology shivdham Banka. I want to job in your compony so plz tell me sir……..

• December 5, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Dear sir,My name is surendra kumar and now i am student of B.TECH final year in ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING from JNTU KAKINADA ANDHRA PREDESH .sir my native village is AMARPUR (BANKA) . SO sir i want to job in your company.so sir please consider ………

• December 14, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Dear sir
    My name is chandan kumarkumar aand I now I am completed in Iti electrician I have experiences of one year at usha international India pvt ltd post in onsite engineer my native village is karampur in Bhagalpur dist
    So sir I want to the job in your company please follow me sir

• January 2, 2017 at 7:10 pm

sir
    I am Ashish , B.E Electrical Eng. aspiring to work in your company. My native home is Banka. I urge you to render me an opportunity .
    Hoping ahead for your reply.
    Thanks and regards
    Ashish

• February 9, 2017 at 11:11 am

sir
    I am CHANDRASHEKHAR KUMAR YADAV , BCA IT COMPUTER SOLUTION. aspiring to work in your company. My native home is AT+PO-RANGHATTA,BANKA. I urge you to render me an opportunity .
    Hoping ahead for your reply.
    Thanks and regards

• June 15, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Sir
    I am kumar krish MBA finance in tilka manjhi university.aspiring to work in your company.my native home is at-jagatpur banka.
    So sir i want to the job in your company.