Meenakshi Energy Thermal Power Project

Meenakshi Energy Thermal Power Project is a 300-megawatt (MW) coal plant promoted by Meenakshi Energy and GDF Suez. It was completed in 2012 and 2013 in Andhra Pradesh, India. It is listed by the Central Electricity Authority as Thamminapatnam Thermal Power Plant. Two additional phases are being planned that will bring the total size of the plant to 900 MW.

Meenakshi Energy Thermal Power Project is a 300 MW coal project built by Meenakshi Energy in Andhra Pradesh. According to the Central Electricity Authority (September 2012), the first unit of 150 MW was commissioned in September 2012 and the second unit of 150 MW was commissioned in April 2013. According to the company web site, “The first phase of the Project (300 MW) has been configured in a unique ‘part tolling-part merchant’ configuration with PTC India Limited.”

Flipkart IN

Meenakshi Energy mentions additional expansion of the project to a total of 900 MW (2 x 300 MW addition) or 1000 MW (2 x 350 MW addition). As of August 2014 the company describes the “ultimate capacity” of the project as 900 MW.

In 2013 French energy company GDF Suez spent $400 million to acquire a 74 per cent stake in Meenakshi Energy, including the Meenakshi power station.

Project Details

Sponsor: Meenakshi Energy
Parent: GDF Suez (74% ownership)
Location: Thamminapatnam village, Chillakur mandal, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh
Coordinates: 14.235278, 80.104444
Status:Phase I Unit 1: Operating,Phase I Unit 2: Operating,Phase II: Permitted,Phase III: Pre-permit development

Start date:Phase I Unit 1: commissioned September 2012, Phase I Unit 2: commissioned April 2013, Phase II: 2015,Phase III: 2016
Capacity: Phase I Unit 1: 150 MW, Phase I Unit 2: 150 MW,Phase II: 300 MW, Phase III: 300 MW (TOR for Phase III was for 1320 MW, but company has scaled back total project size to 900 MW)

Permits and applications:

Resources

10 thoughts on “Meenakshi Energy Thermal Power Project

• May 30, 2016 at 8:29 pm

I completed m tech and i have 2 years experience in powerplant i want to do job in ur plant please give an opportunity

• June 18, 2016 at 8:59 pm

I completed B.Tech EEE and i have 3 years experience in pellet & beneficiation plants i want to do job in our plant, please suggest me .

• August 1, 2016 at 4:23 pm

I am fresher. I have to completed diploma in mechanical and B.tech mechanical engineering please give me one opportunity to join us our company I have to prove that my self

• October 28, 2016 at 11:40 am

Dear,
    Sir/Madam,

This is VINOD KHANNA. I completed my OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor Programme, IOSH-MS, PGDFS and MBA. As a HSE Engineer/Officer I have 4 years of experience in this Health and Safety Environment field. Please find attached to this email, a copy of my CV, for your kind consideration. I hence request your good self to kindly offer me an opportunity to work in your organization. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanking You.

• November 16, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Dear,
    Sir/Madam,

Myself M Rajashekhar . I am working as a technician from past 25 years in Shriram Fertilizer and chemicals Kota ( Raj) in Power Plant Maintenance department.
    I had experience in overhauling of Fans, Multistage pumps , Reciprocating compressors ,Gear Box ,Coal mill & feeders & Valves field.
    My native place is Tirupati therefore I request your good self to kindly offer me an opportunity to work in your organization. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanking You.
    M Rajashekhar
    Ph No 9460443334

• December 14, 2016 at 10:47 am

Respected Sir/Madam
    M/S Veenus Engineering is having vast experience in Coal Handling , Erection , Commissioning and other allied works. Love to work with a organization like you where we get opportunities to grow.

Regards

• December 27, 2016 at 10:44 am

Dear ,
    Sir / madam
    I am complete diploma mechanical .I have 3.5 years experience in steel structural fabrication, assembly, erection &2years mechanical maintenance
    Please give me one opportunity to join us our company please suggest me
    Regards
    Name -Rakesh Kumar Behera
    Mob 7381437957

• January 31, 2017 at 4:17 pm

I am b.tech electrical engineer fresher looking for a job.is there any vacancy kindly contact.my email id=priya280896b@gmail.com,mob-7504924426

• June 30, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Dear ,
    Sir / madam
    I am complete diploma mechanical .I have 9.0 years experience in power plant , erection & commission and operation .
    Please give me one opportunity to join us our company please suggest me
    Regards
    Name -Upendra Yadav
    Mob 9601730648

• October 2, 2017 at 10:31 pm

I have completed my B. E from Anna University.. I’m a fresher pls any opportunities their inform me sir/madam to prove my self.. Thank you