Devarampadu power Project is the proposed 1320 MW coal fired project promoted by Coastal Sirohi Power at Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh, India. According to the project’s Terms of Reference, granted in 2011, the land requirement for the project is 750 acres, and water will be sourced from the Gundlakamma River and Bay of Bengal.
As of March 2015 the project has yet to receive environmental clearance, and appears to be shelved or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Coastal Sirohi Power
- Parent company:
- Location: Devarampadu village, Ongole taluk, Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh
- Coordinates: 15.5, 80.05 (approx)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross Capacity: 1320 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal Source: Indonesia
- Permits: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, July 26, 2011
- “Coastal Sirohi Power plans 1320 MW project in Ongole,” ibis, accessed Feb 2014.
- 2×660 MW Super Critical Imported Coal Based Thermal Power Plant of M/s Coastal Sirohi Power Ltd. at village Devarampadu. ToR detail from site ercindia.org.