Power generation in the first unit of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) has been suspended due to a technical snag, officials said today.
However, repair work has already been commenced to rectify the snag, which was detected yesterday and it would be set right in one or two days, they said.
Work on commercial power generation in the 1,000 MW second unit was also continuing, the officials said.
More from coalpost.in
- September 24, 2015 Kudankulam Power generation in 1st unit to resume next month
- November 1, 2015 Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) director admits to delay in maintenance work
- February 15, 2016 Kudankulam n-plant in Tamil Nadu restarts power generation
- May 22, 2015 Two more power units to be added to Tarapur Atomic Plant
- October 8, 2015 Jayalalithaa urges PM Modi to restart power generation at Kudankulam
- February 5, 2016 KNPP gets snag after resumed power generation
- February 2, 2016 Kudankulam Nuclear Plant Resumes Power Generation In Its First Unit
- October 11, 2015 Preparations on for launching Kudankulam Unit-2 N-plant
- March 11, 2016 One unit of Kakrapar atomic power station to be shut down
- February 2, 2016 Russia awards director of Kudankulam nuclear power plant