* European prompt power prices leapt on Thursday when wind forecasts for the coming day came in sharply lower, tightening supply in the region.
* French day-ahead baseload up 10 percent at 35.75 euros ($43.56) a megawatt hour (MWh)
* Same German price up 20 percent at 37.50 euros
* Also, day-on-day usage seen falling only slightly, despite Friday being a low demand day
* Week ahead prices fall sharply when demand is due to decline around May 1 holiday ($1 = 0.8207 euros)
This story has not been edited by coalpost and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ET https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/power/european-spot-electricity-prices-rise-steeply-on-lower-wind-power-output/63928970?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=ETRSS