American coal mining player Peabody awarded Clean Coal Awards to Essar Power’s Salaya plant in Gujarat during the Power Gen 2015 Conference at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, informed the company.
Essar Power was awarded for the lowest sulphur dioxide (SO2) emission for all coal-fired power plants in India, and for lowest nitrogen oxides (NOx) emission among all coal fired power plants in the country.
EPGL was successful in getting this award due to use of low NOx, tangential fired burners and use of low sulphur coal with high moisture, the company informed in a statement.
- April 25, 2015 Essar Power can now churn out certified power engineers
- August 1, 2015 Essar awards Rs 80-cr contract to Alstom for Neyveli thermal power plant
- July 7, 2015 Gujarat rejects claim of forced land acquisition for Essar
- October 13, 2015 NTPC Badarpur gets notice over pollution by it’s units
- November 14, 2015 Budge Budge plant of CESC named best unit in Asia
- June 12, 2016 Essar Power to start 500 Mw Hazira gas-based plant in 3 months
- August 23, 2015 Essar files 250 cr defamation suit against Caravan Magazine
- May 3, 2016 Essar Mahan plant’s 600 MW unit resumes power generation
- March 4, 2016 Essar Steel wins iron ore mine in Odisha
- June 2, 2015 High debt puts gencos in a fix over cost clause