The CBI today filed its final report on further probe in a coal scam case relating to allocation of blocks to Navbharat Power Pvt Ltd (NPPL) in a Delhi court which fixed it for consideration next month.
The final report along with list of additional documents was filed by the agency before Special CBI Judge Bharat Parashar in pursuance to the court’s direction.
“Final report of further investigation has been filed along with additional list of documents with documents by the investigating officer. Same be taken on record. Matter be now accordingly put up on June 2 for consideration,” the court said.
The case pertains to alleged irregularities in allocation of coal block in Rampia in Odisha to NPPL.
The CBI had on May 11 told the court that they had not received any communication from Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) on the issue of sanction to prosecute two senior public servants for their alleged roles in the case.
It had informed the court that as per guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court, the special court should presume that sanction to prosecute these public servants has been granted by the competent authority as more than four months have elapsed from the date when the file was sent to them.
The prosecutor had said CBI had sent the relevant files to the authorities in December last year in view of the court’s November 12, 2014 order and they were awaiting a response on the issue.
The two public servants against whom court had directed CBI to place records of the case before sanctioning authority for according of sanction to prosecute them for the alleged offence under Prevention of Corruption Act, are K S Kropha, the then Joint Secretary of Ministry of Coal, and K C Samaria, the then Director in the ministry.
The court, in its November 12 last year’s order, had said that acts of former Coal Secretary H C Gupta and then senior officials of the Ministry of Coal (MoC) in overlooking alleged misrepresentation by NPPL for acquiring coal block, prima facie amounted to criminal misconduct.